Re: hippie/earthy wedding dresses-hemp

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Green Weddings ]

Posted by Louise on June 05, 2006 at 19:10:38:

In Reply to: hippie/earthy wedding dresses-hemp posted by Alli on December 30, 2005 at 12:55:29:

You might want to consider recycling a vintage or used dress. I am making a wedding dress for myself with a loose fit and then a sash I recycled from a favorite old skirt, which I beaded with beads from old necklaces. It is a good thing that I didn't think of using old material for the dress, as I think I would have made myself crazy. I am thinking of making a petticoat out of old silk blouses though. I am trying to use organic flowers, try organicbouquet.com. I looked into locally grown flowers at localharvest.com, but growers in my area don't have flowers yet. It did get an idea going about local flowers at my synagogue though, so I think of it as a process, something that can spread and germinate into other good green ideas. Good luck! Don't make yourself crazy. I even emailed Brides Mag that they should show more of this, if they get one from you, perhaps this will be in their pages more, and they have a lot of influence, like it or not. Also,look to register for recycled items, very lovely, at 3rliving.com

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Green Weddings ]

Please visit our sponsors at EcoChoices Natural Living Store and Star Wishing Name A Star

© 2004 EcoLiving Center and EcoPlanet, All Rights Reserved